MY 1ST JT44EME

  • w9bli-Jacob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12 7:45 PM
      Hello to the group

      Well it finally happened with good conditions, worked W5UN via JT44
      eme using my 100 watts, so power is
      nice but not always needed. Made one mistake when getting started and had
      the eme box checked but forgot to
      generate eme text into xmit boxes, otherwise all went great.

      100 watts 15.5db boomer up 40' with manual 3-4 degree elevation and in
      shack preamp(built into amp), and using
      9913F so still need 1/2 hardline and elevation rotor next and maybe a new
      antenna. What a blast working off the moon.

      73 all
      Jake- W9BLI
    • nick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12 7:53 PM
        You probably saw my attempt. 1400 watts into 7/8" feedline and 19' 12el
        M2 antenna.
        Dave just disappeared like he turned his PA off. Guess I keep at it.
        Congrats -nick

        w9bli-Jacob wrote:

        >Hello to the group
        >
        > Well it finally happened with good conditions, worked W5UN via JT44
        >eme using my 100 watts, so power is
        >nice but not always needed. Made one mistake when getting started and had
        >the eme box checked but forgot to
        >generate eme text into xmit boxes, otherwise all went great.
        >
        >100 watts 15.5db boomer up 40' with manual 3-4 degree elevation and in
        >shack preamp(built into amp), and using
        >9913F so still need 1/2 hardline and elevation rotor next and maybe a new
        >antenna. What a blast working off the moon.
        >

        >73 all
        >Jake- W9BLI

      • Jack
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13 11:09 AM
          Congratulations Jake.  I also worked W5UN for my first with 160 watts and 12 el  2.5 WL  at 23 feet, no el control. I know the thrill and glad you experienced it too.

          Jack    K1VOW