Midday Rocks..... it takes longer....

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2002
      Today I heard NM9H/0 on six meters ssb working a pile-up... Well I
      gave him a call and set up a sked for two meters FSK441 starting the
      very next minute. Well it took 42 minutes to complete the meteor
      scatter qso on 144.135 from 16:07Z to 16:49Z. No big deal but the
      rocks were there if you ran long enough. The distance is 1161 miles.

      After thinking about it, I decided to try on six meters. By now the
      band was closed and I was no longer hearing anything on six meters. I
      called their cell phone (number on their web page) and Matt picked up
      on the first ring. He said they were running California on six meters
      ES but set a time 18:30UTC for me. (Exactly an hour from when I
      called) Well we complete on six with them at 19:04, taking 34 minutes.
      No, there weren't many pings but hey, it's midday and it ain't gonna
      be easy.

      Was happy to get the new grid and pass a little time in front of the
      rig while eating dinner.

      Randy Tipton (Tip)
      WA5UFH EL19pa