K3 Noise Blanker and WSJT Modes

  • Jim Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2014
      When my noise level on 6M is high, I've tried the K3 noise blanker on
      JT65, and I think I've improved weak signal copy. During the day
      especially, I'm dealing with a very noisy solar system that adds about 9
      dB to the noise level. I carefully tweak the NB settings so that they
      are doing minimum damage to the waveform. I would appreciate hearing
      from others on their experience, and, of course, advice from Joe, not
      only for JT65, but also for JT9, FSK441 and ISCAT-B.

      73, Jim K9YC