KS7DX SK

  • Jim Kennedy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2014
      It is with a saddened heart I report the passing of our dear friend Barry Garratt KS7DX/VE3CDX in Las Vegas on Friday evening Aug 8th. Barry was a member of our Super 7’s Meteor Scatter Group KS7MS and was instrumental in our group sponsoring the annual High Speed Meteor Scatter Rally each December. Many of you may had worked Barry when he and Dennis K7BV activated CM93 from a boat back in 2011. I was so very fortunate to have known Barry and went on several grid trips with him and Jim KS7S. We talked daily on IM and I will miss him as I’m sure a lot of you will. RIP my friend.

      Jim
      W7OUU
      DN22
    • Mark W7MEM DN17NT
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2014

        RIP...

        It is with a saddened heart I report the passing of our dear friend Barry Garratt KS7DX/VE3CDX in Las Vegas on Friday evening Aug 8th. Barry was a member of our Super 7’s Meteor Scatter Group KS7MS and was instrumental in our group sponsoring the annual High Speed Meteor Scatter Rally each December. Many of you may had worked Barry when he and Dennis K7BV activated CM93 from a boat back in 2011. I was so very fortunate to have known Barry and went on several grid trips with him and Jim KS7S. We talked daily on IM and I will miss him as I’m sure a lot of you will. RIP my friend.

        Jim
        W7OUU
        DN22

        The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
        Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar (Don't Eat This!)
        FixYourBloodSugar.com
      • aesitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 2014
          'Mark W7MEM DN17NT' W7MEM@... [wsjtgroup] writes:

          > RIP...

          Wow... What a shock...RIP my friend.
          Ed N5JEH
        • KQ8M
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2014

            Oh My. I haven’t spoken to Barry in many years. I am sorry to hear that.

            I had the pleasure of operating and winning Canada in the WPX CW contest many years ago from his Canadian QTH before he came to the states. Also roomed with him in Dayton a few years. He was also one of the first members of the North Coast Contesters. We used to have a ball finding ways to run the original PacketCluster counter to what was said it could do. That was the early 90’s.

            RIP my lost friend.

            73,

            Tim Herrick, KQ8M

            kq8m@...

            AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.homedns.org

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 10, 2014
              Barry was truly a great supporter of digital modes on 6m, as well as a very kind and
              generous man. He helped many of us not only with his contacts, but also with his
              technical expertise and experience. He will be very fondly remembered and appreciated
              for his many contributions to our hobby. Thanks, Barry! VY 73, Lance

              --
              Lance Collister, W7GJ
              (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ)

              page (above)!