Odd frequency display

  • w0vll
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 7:13 AM

      I am on 14076 and see someone, for example, transmitting JT9 on 2500,  then I click on the "+2Khz" button to move up the band. My VFO on the rig tunes correctly to 14078. But the display on the scrolling panel says the frequency of the station is in the 4XXX range. Shouldn't the new frequency be 500?  (14078+500 = 14076+2500)?

      I have never successfully gotten a QSO with the +2Khz button pressed.  Only with it unpressed and the audio is within my lousy passband, then I can work them. And before you ask, yes, my rig tunes correctly via CAT to the higher frequency.