6m from KH8 Final updates

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 7:46 PM
      Currently on the last leg of the long trip home! Final updates and a few photos are
      now on the website:

      http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/AmericanSamoa2014.htm

      Final tally was 68 stations worked on 6m EME. MNI TNX to all who made the
      operations a success! And thanks also to all those who spent the time to call, but
      were not successful completing - you demonstrated the patience required for this
      challenging undertaking, and I greatly appreciate your efforts and dedication. The
      final report will summarize more details, but it is very evident that the number of
      stations capable of and interested in 6m EME is increasing greatly! To all you who
      just recently tried 6m EME, please to not be too discouraged if we did not complete -
      I consider an elevated 8 element beam and 1000w to be a very small station, and was
      surprised to successfully complete with so many other small stations. Your success
      will definitely be better with the many larger 6m EME stations, or if you can add a
      few dB gain to your station!

      It also was quite clear that the extreme Es activity in NA and EU hampered the
      success of horizon-only stations in those areas, and the high TEC during the daytime
      over KH8 probably didn't help either. There is no doubt that the first week, when I
      was operating moonrise to moonset in total darkness was certainly most effective from
      such a tropical QTH. I certainly plan to return to an operating schedule more in
      the "out of terrestrial propagation" seasons between TEP and Es for next year's
      DXpedition to another rare DXCC.

      Thanks again to everyone, and especially to those who contributed to the operation -
      it is with your continued support that these annual 6m EME DXpeditions continue to
      happen ;-) GL and VY 73, Lance

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ)

      page (above)!