clock errors

  • chas cartmel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2014

      Joe and all

      This is just a thought that crossed my ming when chasing non existent DX, the callsign being decoded being corrupted by clock error of -1.4 seconds. Would it be possible to have checkboxes similar to the +2kHz shift to adjust the clock by +/- 1 second so that these stations can be decoded and therefore get a message to then telling them to synchronise their clocks? A message in the window to remind the operator this has been set may also be a good idea!

      I have used JT65HF in the past to decode these when they are not too far off as this s/w seems more tolerant of clock differences and have been able to pass an appropriate message on, but sometimes this is not possible so have used the email address on QRZ.com if listed.

      Probably a minor suggestion which i appreciate may not be a minor feature to implement, but thought I would throw it out there.

      73

      Charlie

      www.G4EST.me.uk