WSJT-X no decode problem

  • wa3wzr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2014
      I have been a long time (several years) user of JT65 using JT65-HF and then I switched to WSJT-X to be able to use JT9.  I recently downloaded and installed WSJT-X 130r3673.  Ever since I have had trouble decoding anything. I have tried different settings of audio coming in and also adjusting the gain control slider as suggested and only occassionally get a decode.  Turns out I am spending more time adjusting the settings to try and get decodes than I am making contacts.  Out of frustration I went back to JT65-HF and found it worked perfectly.  I then uninstalled WSJT-X 1.3 and went back to an older version that I still have (110r3496) and I am again decoding.

      Any ideas on what the problem is and how to correct?

      I am running an IC-718 connected to a SignaLink USB into a Windows 7 Pro desktop computer (also have a FT-857D with the same setup to a win 7 pro laptop with the same issue).  I am also running the Dimension 4 software to keep the time synced, so it is not a timing issue.  I have been using this setup for a number of years with HRD/DM780, JT65-HF and WSJT-X.  I only have this problem with the latest version of WSJT-X.

      Thanks,
      Loren - WA3WZR