Font Size - WSJT-X 1.3

  • kb3mow
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2014
      Is there any way to increase the font size in this release, or would it be possible to add it to the wish list? I know I can increase font size overall through Windows, but that makes the apps too large to fit on the screen. Would just like to increase the size a small amount.

      Tnx es 73
      Doc
      KB3MOW

    • Chase Turner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2014
        Hi Doc,

        I believe this question is answered in the FAQ section of the recent WSJT-X 1.3 Help Document (however, this feature changes in version 1.4):

        "You can control the program's font sizes by using a text editor
        (e.g., Windows Notepad or similar) to create a one-line file named
        +fonts.txt+ in the _WSJT-X_ installation directory. Enter a single
        line of text with four numbers separated by spaces.  The first two
        numbers control the font size (in points) and weight (on a 0 – 100
        scale) of most labels on the user interface. The last two numbers
        control size and weight of text in the *Band Activity* and *Rx
        Frequency* windows.

        By default the four numbers are ``8 50 10 50''. If you need larger
        fonts in the user interface and bold text in the decode windows, try
        something like ``10 50 12 100'' (without the quotes)."

        I hope this is helpful.

        Best,
        Chase
        --
        Chase Turner
        W4TI
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2014
          Chase, your suggestion was spot on! It increased the font just
          enough that I can now see the callsigns without having to squint, and
          the app is still the same size! Could not have done that with Windows!

          many thanks es 73
          Doc
          KB3MOW

          ---