Sound Card

  • Chris Matthews N9JCA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2014
      I have used a Rigblaster Advantage for many years(since day 1 when they 1st came out with it) and have never had any problems with it Might be pricey but in the long run well worth the expense $250+ will get you all you need with a Rigblaster Box and Cables and you can get setup and be on the air in 15mins  This is put out by West Mountain Radio

      (bit of a dig) All the "complaints" I see on the Forum are mostly from Windows Users, wonder why? Hardly ever see much complaining from the LINUX side

      73

      Chris N9JCA
      --
      "I am always doing that which I CANNOT do;
      in order that I may LEARN how to do it"
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2014
        On 7/17/2014 11:35 AM, Chris Matthews N9JCA n9jca@... [wsjtgroup]
        wrote:

        > I have used a Rigblaster Advantage for many years(since day 1 when
        > they 1st came out with it) and have never had any problems with it

        A rough measure of an audio interface is to note the signal to noise
        indicated for TJ65 decodes. Based on recent experience with this
        season's 6M E-skip, a good audio interface will see decodes in the -20
        to -22 range on JT65 with WSJT-X fairly often if levels are set
        correctly. If you're not seeing occasional decodes in this range, you
        need a better interface. If you do see them, be happy. :)

        73, Jim K9YC
      • Jim - N4ST
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2014
          <snip>
          (bit of a dig) All the "complaints" I see on the Forum are mostly from Windows Users, wonder why? Hardly ever see much complaining from the LINUX side
          <snip>

          I think that is because they are all looking for drivers and installing patches instead of on the air operating.

          :-)

          73,
          Jim - N4ST