European Band Plan for WSJT and other newbie questions

  • mauriziopiu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2014
      Hello,
      I'm from Italy, just new here but very excited with this for me new and fascinating way of communicate.

      Installed WJST and runs without any problems, now I would like ti have contacts!

      I wonder if there is a sort of Band Plan for MS and other mode for look at random (is it possible ??? Would be great!) or skeds in Europe.

      I have not well understood if it is best to run USB or digital (I run FT817 that has a Digi mode I use for all other Digital mode).

      That'all for now, my main target is to look for the simplest way to look at random bursts to decode and start to understand all: any suggestion very appreciated!

      73 de IK1PFW
      maurizio
    • Alexandre Moleiro
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2014
        Hi Maurizio.

        As you are refering to MS, are you talking about VHF/UHF bandplans ?

        About USB vs Digital mode on the FT817 I think it works as other digital modes, if you select USB audio comes from the MIC, if you select Digital audio comes from the data port.
        If your setup works well for PSK31 it should work for WSJT modes.

        73 de CT1GVN

        On Monday, July 14, 2014 10:46 PM, "mauriziopiu@... [wsjtgroup]" <wsjtgroup-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello,
        I'm from Italy, just new here but very excited with this for me new and fascinating way of communicate.

        Installed WJST and runs without any problems, now I would like ti have contacts!

        I wonder if there is a sort of Band Plan for MS and other mode for look at random (is it possible ??? Would be great!) or skeds in Europe.

        I have not well understood if it is best to run USB or digital (I run FT817 that has a Digi mode I use for all other Digital mode).

        That'all for now, my main target is to look for the simplest way to look at random bursts to decode and start to understand all: any suggestion very appreciated!

        73 de IK1PFW
        maurizio

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2014
          Hi Maurizio

          On 2m in Europe the WSJT FSK441 MS calling frequency is 144.370

          But many folk arrange skeds in ON4KST chat and then have the QSO on a different frequency. For example I worked SM6CEN a few minutes ago on 144.368.

          Why not join us in ON4KST chat. Eveyone is very helpful and will be pleased to help you.

          http://www.on4kst.org/chat/login.php?band=2

          You might find the video of GW8JLY's talk about MS which I shot at the RSGB Convention last year useful:

          http://vimeo.com/77358505

          73 Paul G4DCV

          On 14/07/2014 17:22, mauriziopiu@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:

          Hello,
          I'm from Italy, just new here but very excited with this for me new and fascinating way of communicate.

          Installed WJST and runs without any problems, now I would like ti have contacts!

          I wonder if there is a sort of Band Plan for MS and other mode for look at random (is it possible ??? Would be great!) or skeds in Europe.

          I have not well understood if it is best to run USB or digital (I run FT817 that has a Digi mode I use for all other Digital mode).

          That'all for now, my main target is to look for the simplest way to look at random bursts to decode and start to understand all: any suggestion very appreciated!

          73 de IK1PFW
          maurizio

          No virus found in this message.