GPS Time for remote operations

  • b_sheets
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2014
      I have a Dual XGPS150 which is bluetooth and I've been looking for a way to set my pc time from this without much success, until today.

      http://www.visualgps.net/NMEATIme/Download/Download.html

      I've been able to successfully use this software to set my pc clock using my $90 bluetooth GPS.

      The configuration was quite simple, download the software and install, for those of you running windows XP, the Vista, Win7, Win8 works for XP.

      Pair your GPS
      Right click on the Bluetooth icon in your lower right task tray, select Open Bluetooth Settings and then the COM Ports tab

      If the pairing doesnt add a com port, then you will need to add an INCOMING port. This is the port you will use to configure NMEATime to use for GPS signal.

      It took me about 5 minutes to get set up.

      There is a 30 day demo, and is $15 to purchase.

      Good luck and enjoy.

      Brian KA7KDX

    • Philip Hawkes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2014

        Bktime sync software also works very well with Bluetooth, USB and serial GPS units...and It's free ;-)

        73 M0ION

      • Lance Collister, W7GJ
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2014
          I also use BKT TimeSync to set my computer clock when I go on my 6m EME DXpeditions.
          I use it with a Columbus V800 GPS receiver that I bought on EBAY for $25. This free
          program even shows your current grid square ;-)

          http://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html
          <http://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html>

          GL and VY 73, Lance

          --
          Lance Collister, W7GJ
          (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K)

          page (above)!