Versions of WSJT-10

  • rodger_g8hlh
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2014
      I have monitored the WJTS web site for WSJT updates and found that the indicated latest version is WSJT 9.7 However I found on an alternative website Version WSJT 10 r 4065,  Which I am now using successfully. This version incorporates ALL the modes which I find most helpful,  Instead of using 2 progs, WSJT 9 & WSJT 7 to cover all the modes.

      What I am asking is why is the WSJT 10 not shown in the Official Web page?. and just where is VERY Latest version of WSJT ? kept.

      regards ROG.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2014
        G8HLH wrote:
        > I have monitored the WJTS web site for WSJT updates and found
        > that the indicated latest version is WSJT 9.7 However I found
        > on an alternative website Version WSJT 10 r 4065, Which I am
        > now using successfully. This version incorporates ALL the
        > modes which I find most helpful, Instead of using 2 progs,
        > WSJT 9& WSJT 7 to cover all the modes.
        >
        > What I am asking is why is the WSJT 10 not shown in the Official
        > Web page?. and just where is VERY Latest version of WSJT ? kept.

        The latest version of any of the programs WSJT, MAP65, WSPR, WSJT-X,
        WSPR-X can always be built from source code in the public repository at
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsjt/ . Further details are available
        on the WSJT Program Development page,
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/devel.html .

        Existence of beta releases of WSJT10 has been mentioned on this
        reflector a number of times. An installation package for the latest one
        is available at
        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_10.0r4087.exe

        As always with beta releases, one of the responsibilities of *YOU* as a
        user is to report your experiences with it, preferably to the WSJT
        Developers mailing list wsjt-devel. I do not recall that we have heard
        from G8HLH with any such comments.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      • Lance Collister, W7GJ
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2014
          Hi Joe and the WSJT developers!

          In respsonse to your instructions last month, I am providing feedback on WSJT10.

          I just downloaded WSJT10 because I was thinking about using it for JT65A on my KH8
          EME DXpedition next month, but noticed that this version fails to remember the SYNC
          setting from the last session. Each time the program is started, it comes up with
          SYNC 1, which is like having the squelch on. I think this is a serious problem
          that users might miss.

          I have not operated EME with this version, so I don't know if there are any other
          glitches. I will stick with WSJT9 until WSJT10 remembers my settings.

          Thanks! VY 73, Lance

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 18, 2014
            Hi Lance and all,

            W7GJ wrote:
            > I just downloaded WSJT10 because I was thinking about using it for JT65A
            > on my KH8 EME DXpedition next month, but noticed that this version fails
            > to remember the SYNC setting from the last session.

            Thanks for catching this omission. It has been fixed.

            You should download and use WSJT 10.0 revision 4177, posted at the
            following URL:

            physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_10.0r4177.exe

            -- 73, Joe, K1JT
          • Rudy Benner
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 18, 2014
              Anyone else having a problem getting this to run?

              ve3bdr

              Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:10 AM
              Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Versions of WSJT-10

              Hi Lance and all,

              W7GJ wrote:

              > I just downloaded WSJT10 because
              I was thinking about using it for JT65A
              > on my KH8 EME DXpedition next
              month, but noticed that this version fails
              > to remember the SYNC setting
              from the last session.

              Thanks for catching this omission. It has been fixed.

              You should download and use WSJT 10.0 revision 4177, posted at the
              following URL:

              physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_10.0r4177.exe

              -- 73, Joe, K1JT

            • Rex Moncur
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 18, 2014

                Hi Joe

                While WSJT 10.0 revision 4177 resolves this issue for JT65 it does not appear to work with JT4f.  I think it would be useful also to apply this to JT4f as we normally run with sync set to zero on 10 and 24 GHz where man-made noise rarely produces any false decodes.

                73 Rex

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 19, 2014
                  Hi Rex,

                  VK7MO wrote:
                  > Hi Joe
                  >
                  > While WSJT 10.0 revision 4177 resolves this issue for JT65 it does not
                  > appear to work with JT4f. I think it would be useful also to apply this to
                  > JT4f as we normally run with sync set to zero on 10 and 24 GHz where
                  > man-made noise rarely produces any false decodes.

                  I have put the necessary change (to save/restore the "Sync" setting) for
                  JT4 modes into WSJT 10.0 r4181. You can download this version from

                  http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT_10.0r4181.exe