Band Activity question

  • d_ziolkowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9 3:55 AM

      Hello all-

      Using WSJT-x v1.3,r3673 win7

      When a CQ is detected and displays in Band Activity window, it shows ENTITY,

      Most times is shows !ENTITY, sometimes ~ENTITY, and I think I have seen ENTITY.

      Also once in a while the shade of green is darker.

      What do these differences mean?

      Thanks DAN KC2STA

    • k3wyc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9 6:39 AM

        Do you have the setup option "show DXCC entity and worked B4 status" checked?

        I never use this option as I rely on JTAlert, but it probably explains what you are seeing.

        73,

        Andy k3wyc

      • Dan Ziolkowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9 7:01 AM
          yes it is checked, looks like ~ goes with darker color=== worked
          ! not worked

          reference to the wsjt log

          hmmmm... maybe I can filter my DXlabs logbook for JT65, import it and then it can reference my jt65 history.

          --
          Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
          SKCC #4290T
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9 7:04 AM
            Hit F1 for help

            click on 8.7 Menus (under section 8. Controls & Functions)

            http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-toc2.html#MENUS

            scroll down a little and you will see:

            <quote>

            Show DXCC entity and worked B4 status

            When this option is checked WSJT-X appends some useful information to
            all CQ messages displayed in the Band Activity window. The name of the
            DXCC entity is shown, abbreviated if necessary. Your “worked before”
            status (according to log file wsjtx_log.adi) is flagged with a single
            character and a change of background color, as follows:
            !

            (bright green) — New DXCC entity
            ~

            (mid green) — You have already worked this DXCC entity but not this station

            (dull green) — You have previously worked the calling station

            The program does not distinguish between modes, but it does
            differentiate between bands.

            This option is mainly intended for use on non-Windows platforms; Windows
            users can (and should) use VK3AMA’s excellent JT-ALERT-X utility instead.

            </quote>

            GB & 73
            K5OAI
            Sam Morgan