WSJT-X v1.4

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2014
      Hi,

      Where I can download WSJT-X v1.4 for windows ?

      73´s

      Walter Jr.
      PY4ZO

      ---
      Este email está limpo de vírus e malwares porque a proteção do avast! Antivírus está ativa.
    • Bruce Brackin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2014
        Walter

        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/ is Joe's main page with links to the various programs. I'm not aware of a 1.4 release but I may have missed something. V1.3, r3673 is latest showing.

        Bruce N5SIX

        Where I can download WSJT-X v1.4 for windows ?

        73´s

        Walter Jr.
        PY4ZO

        ---
        Este email está limpo de vírus e malwares porque a proteção do avast! Antivírus está ativa.

        WSJTGroup Homepage --> http://www.wsjtgroup.org/

        Yahoo Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            wsjtgroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
            wsjtgroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Rudy Benner
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2014
          WSJT-X r36731174
          WSJT-X r36801CT1GVN
          WSJT-X r377710
          WSJT-X r38721DJ0OT
          WSJT-X r39861IZ0MIT
          WSJT-X r40351KB5UEJ
          WSJT-X r40591AB1KW
          WSJT-X r40631G4YKQ
          WSJT-X r4063-dirty1K8CXM
          WSJT-X r41482G4WJS, KK1D
          WSJT-X r41552VK4BDJ, HS0ZLG
          WSJT-X r41561WA7KGX
          WSJT-X r41581KI7MT
          WSJT-X r41651WA7KGX
          WSJT-X r41675VK4BDJ, WA7KGX, SQ2NIJ, KI7MT, G4KLA

          ______________________________

          The above is from PSKREPORTER showing the versions in use, the ones lower than r3673 I have not included.
          So you can see that there are newer versions in use, but not available to average folks (us).

          ve3bdr

          Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 11:18 PM
          Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.4

[...]

        • Andrew White ZL3CC
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2014
            Presumably testers, so that when they ARE released to us, they are as bug-free as possible. Patient is a virtue.

            73

            Andrew ZL3CC

            Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 11:18 PM

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2014

              v1.4 has not been released yet. The versions you see in PSKrepoter are development / testing versions.

              You can build them as well, for Linux, Windows and I believe on Mac also, but it takes a bit of work.

              The Yahoo groups archive have several posts / Mini-How-Too's for building on *Nix and Windows.

              73's
              Greg, KI7MT

              On 06/04/2014 07:00 PM, Walter walterzo@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:

              Hi,

              Where I can download WSJT-X v1.4 for windows ?

              73´s

              Walter Jr.
              PY4ZO

              ---
              Este email está limpo de vírus e malwares porque a proteção do avast! Antivírus está ativa.

            • g4wjs
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2014
                Hi Walter,

                as a member of the WSJT-X development team I am posting this without consulting with Joe K1JT, he is recently back from traveling and is probably still catching up with his e-mail backlog. Hopefully what I say reflects his views, if not I appologise in advance.

                Currently the position with the next release of WSJT-X 1.4 is that there are some outstanding issues with CAT control of certain rigs still being resolved. Because 1.4 will have tighter control of rigs to ensure that dual mode operation is more robust; it is essential that CAT control works well otherwise some users may find that they cannot use WSJT-X with their rigs. We know that is already the case for some users but the last thing we want to do is fix it for one set of rigs while breaking it for another set that already worked to some extent.

                Also work is in progress updating the documentation for the new features. Joe K1JT is aiming for a release of 1.4 fairly soon, this initially will be a beta release rather than a full public release.

                Also don't forget that WSJT-X is open source software and anyone can get the sources and build the current development version of any prior version if they wish. Obviously that requires investment of time, some relevant technical skills and, some learning of the WSJT-X development process. We understand that that is not everyone's cup of tea, but anyone with suitable skills and willingness to help with contributions to the development effort is welcome.

                Is there some particular new feature or defect fix that you have heard about that you need?

                73
                Bill
                G4WJS.
              • Sander Pool
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2014
                  Hi Bill,

                  is WSPR-X also being updated? As I reported a few weeks ago it exits
                  without any errors after running for less than an hour for me. I'm
                  hoping the -X programs share common code.

                  This weekend I'll give WSJT-X a try and see if it crashes in the same
                  way as WSPR-X.

                  Thanks,

                  Sander W1SOP

                  On 6/5/2014 6:34 AM, bill.8@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:
                  > Is there some particular new feature or defect fix that you have heard
                  > about that you need?
                • Walter
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 5, 2014
                    Hi Bill,

                    Thank you so much for the information.
                    Let's wait for the release of the new version.

                    73´s

                    Walter Jr.
                    PY4ZO

                    Em 05/06/2014 07:34, bill.8@... [wsjtgroup] escreveu:

[...]

                  • Alexandre Moleiro
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6, 2014
                      Hi!

                      As reported I'm using r3680. It was easy to build on Linux Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

                      I haven't tried newer versions because r3680 works well for me. Recently had my first EU-NA contacts on 6m with it.

                      73 de CT1GVN

                      Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 11:18 PM