Fwd: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X gets stuck decoding signals

  • Rudolf Schaffer
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2014

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X gets stuck decoding signals
      Date:Fri, 30 May 2014 19:59:42 +0200
      From:Rudolf Schaffer <rudolf.schaffer@...>
      To:Mark Lunday <wd4elg@...>

      Hi Mark,

      I've sometimes this message about the "KV decoder":

      0957 -11  1.4  318 # HA8ZI NC2O -04
      Error in KV decoder, or no KV decoder present.
      0957  -1  2.8  591 # SV6JHA EK3GM -01

      but it's not frequent (1 time for 3 to 4 days of continuous use); i've remarked that the kvsd.exe process was running
      and not "released" when an other instance of WSJT-X was "asking" to use it.
      I've 6 wsjtx.exe and 6 jt9.exe running (i've installed each WSJT-X in a separate folder)
      but only one kvsd.exe is running, i suppose when required and called  by wsjtx.exe or jt9.exe. (i'm not a programmer hi!)
      When all is running ok for the 6 instances, i can see that kvsd.exe run very shortly (only if necessary i suppose ?)
      and just after, it should be released "after use" by his "caller". To recover the correct state, i kill the kvsd.exe process
      when he stay a too long time in the process list. May be each instance of WSJT-X could have
      his own kvsd.exe to avoid this problem, but i repeat, i'm not a programmer and these are only
      MY suppositions. I suspect that this problem arrives when the decoding process is too long and/or
      a momentary CPU overhead ( generally all is ok with 8 core running (i7 2.4 GHz 16Gb RAM) between
      1 and 3% during receiving and 60% during decoding ~ 49th sec to 57th sec, depending upon the
      total number of JT65 and JT9 messages to decode (between 4 or 40 messages each minute).
      At the same time, 6 instances of JTAlert-X (with sound enabled when i'm in the shack) and one JTMacros-X,
      one OpenHPSDR (for the Anan), one SDR Console (for the FCDP+), one HRD logbook and one Dimension4;
      sometimes, i've one or two instances of Wide Graph (WSJT-X) running too.
      When i get the "KV" message, the other messages, may be not requiring the KV decoder use, are perfectely
      decoded as you can see in the example above.

      Sorry for this (too) long message and for my English language, not adapted to "technical" use !

      My best 73,
      Rudi, HB9ARI

      On 30.05.2014 18:45, 'Mark Lunday' wd4elg@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:

      I am running 4 instances of WSJT-X on the same machine.  At first everything seemed to work fine.  But now, the instances get stuck in decode mode and dont decode signals.  There are signals, I can hear them.

      I am also getting error messages of The process you are using is in use by another process and  something about the KV not working or some such thing.

      In the meantime, I switched back to JT65-HF until I get this fixed.

      WSJT v1.3, build r6373.

      3 SL USB units going to a TS480, and two FT817ND.

      One Flex 3000.

      Mark Lunday, WD4ELG

      Greensboro, NC  FM06be

      wd4elg@...

      http://wd4elg.blogspot.com

      Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection Antivirus avast! est active.

    • Rudolf Schaffer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2014

        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2014

          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2014