WSPR and WSPR-X both don't run very long

  • Sander Pool
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2014
      Hi,

      I'm not sure this is an appropriate topic for this group as this
      involves WSPR rather than WJST. Both WSPR and WSRP-X stop working after
      less than an hour, for completely different reasons. I sent Joe K1JT an
      email with details but got no response. Is this group an appropriate
      forum to discuss these issues? If there is a better yahoo group or other
      forum I should use, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Sander W1SOP
    • Laurie, VK3AMA
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2014
        Sander,

        Yes this is the correct group.

        Regarding the non-response from K1JT... He recently posted on the
        developers group that he was travelling and would be out of email
        contact until June 3.

        de Laurie VK3AMA

        On 28/05/2014 12:47 AM, Sander Pool sander_pool@... [wsjtgroup] wrote:

        > Hi,
        >

        > I'm not sure this is an appropriate topic for this group as this
        > involves WSPR rather than WJST. Both WSPR and WSRP-X stop working after
        > less than an hour, for completely different reasons. I sent Joe K1JT an
        > email with details but got no response. Is this group an appropriate
        > forum to discuss these issues? If there is a better yahoo group or other
        > forum I should use, please let me know.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Sander W1SOP

      • Sander Pool
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2014

          Laurie,

          thanks for the reply. WSPR shows the following error on the cmd window that runs the actual software:

          WSPR Version 2.12_r3617, by K1JT
          Run date:   Sat May 17 18:10:00 2014 UTC
          Exception in Tkinter callback
          Traceback (most recent call last):
            File "C:\Users\joe\wsjt\wspr212\build\pyi.win32\wspr\outPYZ1.pyz/Tkinter", lin
          e 1410, in __call__
            File "C:\Users\joe\wsjt\wspr212\build\pyi.win32\wspr\outPYZ1.pyz/Tkinter", lin
          e 495, in callit
            File "<string>", line 990, in update
            File "<string>", line 435, in draw_axis
            File "C:\Users\joe\wsjt\wspr212\build\pyi.win32\wspr\outPYZ1.pyz/Tkinter", lin
          e 2201, in create_line
            File "C:\Users\joe\wsjt\wspr212\build\pyi.win32\wspr\outPYZ1.pyz/Tkinter", lin
          e 2189, in _create
          TclError: unknown color name "PY_VAR43"

          That would appear to be a straight forward coding error but there is probably something special going on to cause it in my case. Otherwise a search for this error would have given hits. The error happens after an hour or two of listening and transmitting.

          WSPR-X just exits silently after about an hour or so. I have run it from gdb but it's not very informative:

          <snip>
          [New Thread 6900.0x1934]
          [New Thread 6900.0x69c]
          warning: QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting

          [Inferior 1 (process 6900) exited with code 02]
          (gdb)

          I use a Microham USB-3 with latest drivers on a W7 laptop with a TS-2000. Works fine for hours with fldigi.

          Thanks and 73,

              Sander W1SOP