KM5ES Returns...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
      We welcome John (KM5ES) back to the WSJTGROUP. John was the original
      moderator of this group way back then. I had started a Six Meter Meteor
      Scatter Group in Nov 2001 and latter around Feb 2002 John & I combined
      the two groups into the Group he started called WSJTGROUP. John had
      already captured K1JT as a moderator and we joined the ranks also. (Joe,
      a silent moderator but has been instrumental in all the contests &
      rallies)

      Latter, for whatever reason, John left as moderator and we continued on
      and today the group is well known for Activity Periods (Random Hours),
      Sprints and the NAHSMS Contests. Several others have joined in as
      "Champions" for Random Hour i.e. activity periods such as N5SIX (Bruce)
      and WA3LTB (Terry). K2TXB scribed the rules of the last Rally; it just
      continues to get better and better. Terry now is the "Awards Manager"
      for the Random QSO Award.

      So a very special welcome back to John (KM5ES); the originator of the
      WSJTGROUP! John always had a good meteor scatter station and is also
      very active with SWOT. It will be nice to hear his "Pings" again.

      John, I hope you don't mind this introduction, although not needed, but
      I felt compelled to relate this story.

      Tip

      _ _____________________________________ _
      / )|o Randy Tipton (Tip) WA5UFH o|( \
      / / | wa5ufh@... | \ \
      _( (_ | _ 778 CR 123 _ | ) )_
      (((\ \>| / ) Edna, Texas 77957 ( \ |</ /)))
      (\\\\ \_/ /-------------------------------\ \_/ ////)
      \ / Homepage: www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/ \ /
      \ _/ Ph: 361 782 7686 \_ /
      / /|_____________________________________|\ \
      / / "The VHF bands are never dead, learn \ \
      / / to use high speed meteor scatter" \ \
    • John R. Petersen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
        Greetings All

        Tip my head has swelled over the welcome back from you and the
        group. Looks like it has came a long way. I have been pretty
        inactive the past couple of years. I getting my station back
        together again and adding more to it also (one piece at a time). I
        look forward to being back on the air soon.

        Thanks Again

        John Petersen KM5ES

        Who needs tropo and Es when them thar rocks are fallin!

      • Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) Watson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
          Thanks Tip & Welcome back John.  It's nice for some of us Johnny-come -latelys to know some of the history of the group.

          73
          Mike, W5UC

          At 10:24 AM 7/13/2004 -0500, you wrote:
[...]

                _  _____________________________________  _
               / )|o     Randy Tipton (Tip) WA5UFH     o|( \
              / / |             wa5ufh@...          | \ \
            _( (_ |  _            778 CR 123         _  |  ) )_
          (((\ \>| / )       Edna, Texas 77957     ( \ |</ /)))
          (\\\\ \_/ /-------------------------------\ \_/ ////)
            \       / Homepage: www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/  \       /
             \    _/         Ph: 361 782 7686          \_    /
             /   /|_____________________________________|\   \
            /   /  "The VHF bands are never dead, learn   \   \
          /   /   to use high speed meteor scatter"       \   \

          To unsubscribe, send an email to:

          NAHSMS Contest Page http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          "age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"
          All outgoing mail checked for virus content
        • Russ Pillsbury
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2004
            Welcome back John. Looking forward to working you again. Of course we go
            back to before the days of wsjtgroup. Want to run on HSCW? Hi.

            73, Russ K2TXB