RE: [wsjtgroup] Fwd: [SixClub] CN8LI de K8ROX

  • rserwy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2004
      I also worked CN8LI in IM64 on 7/5/04 at 2137 Z  on 50.235 JT6M.  That is over 4200 miles.
      I am in EN52xi in northern IL running 500 watts to a 3 element beam up 32 feet.
      The best part is, this was my first JT6M (or any other WSJT mode) contact.  Now I am hooked on this mode.

      Bob - N9RS

      From: "Betz's" <hmbetz@...>
      Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 19:31:38 -0400

      AH YES sorry about that gang...still a little excited about the new dxcc
      forgot to include the details of the QSO de K8ROX EN80 Ohio worked CN8LI on
      JT6M at 2253 on 50.235 7-5-04....
      Setup is a Kenwood TS-2000 100w into a M2 6M7JHV at 40 feet...Now for the
      catch....
      My mast was damaged in a windstorm in March...repairs still underway..
      currently the antenna is upside down hanging off the side of the tower aimed
      at 330 degrees NW...away from EU and AF....

      ----- End forwarded message -----

      BTW, CN8LI is in Morocco, not sure of the grid.  The last week or so has
      had some transatlantic Es openings to the US east coast for the big guns.
      Since this was from Ohio, it was probably a combination of weak Es and tropo.

      --
      Bob Poortinga  K9SQL
      Bloomington, Indiana  US

      NAHSMS Contest Page http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm