My or their time off?

  • randydiddel2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2014
      Hi,

      Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed larger and larger DT numbers some over 5+.  I have posted an example in the photos section of this group.  I am using Dimension4, have it set to update every three minutes, have tried many different servers, and yet the DT numbers have slowly been increasing.  My most recent time server is wwV.nist.gov and it is accurate according to my Atomic wall clock. So, it everyone else off, or am I.

      73

      K5RHD

      /randy
    • Rick Langford KD8LCD
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2014
        Although your time could be correct
        Is it possible that computer latency is causing the issue

        Rick n8sdr

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16, 2014
          Randy K5RHD wrote:

          > Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed larger and larger
          > DT numbers some over 5+. I have posted an example in the
          > photos section of this group. I am using Dimension4, have it
          > set to update every three minutes, have tried many different
          > servers, and yet the DT numbers have slowly been increasing.
          > My most recent time server is wwV.nist.gov and it is accurate
          > according to my Atomic wall clock. So, it everyone else off, or am I.

          I'm only subscribed to the list (and not the group) so can't see what you posted in the photos section.

          I had been a long time user of Dimension4 (including on EME) but recently had an issue where it seemed the time was off a bit. Joe K1JT recommended the Meinberg NTP software which I've subsequently installed on my 64-bit Windows 7 based system. Here's where I got it from:
          http://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm

          I think I also remember reading some WSJT doc that had reference to the Meinberg NTP software but I can't put my finger on it right now.

          Bob W1QA
        • Joe Subich, W4TV
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2014
            There are some excellent instructions on installing and configuring the
            Meinberg NTP stuff here: http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

            73,

            ... Joe, W4TV

            On 3/16/2014 7:21 PM, Bob McCormick wrote:
            > Randy K5RHD wrote:
            >
            >> Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed larger and larger
            >> DT numbers some over 5+. I have posted an example in the
            >> photos section of this group. I am using Dimension4, have it
            >> set to update every three minutes, have tried many different
            >> servers, and yet the DT numbers have slowly been increasing.
            >> My most recent time server is wwV.nist.gov and it is accurate
            >> according to my Atomic wall clock. So, it everyone else off, or am I.
            >
            > I'm only subscribed to the list (and not the group) so can't see what you posted in the photos section.
            >
            > I had been a long time user of Dimension4 (including on EME) but recently had an issue where it seemed the time was off a bit. Joe K1JT recommended the Meinberg NTP software which I've subsequently installed on my 64-bit Windows 7 based system. Here's where I got it from:
            > http://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm
            >
            > I think I also remember reading some WSJT doc that had reference to the Meinberg NTP software but I can't put my finger on it right now.
            >
            > Bob W1QA

            > Yahoo Groups Links

          • jean raynaud
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2014
              If you are using VAC, use VB instead. Free and no time drift at all.

              73 Jean F8RZ

              Le 16/03/2014 21:01, k5rhd.73@... a écrit :

              Hi,

              Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed larger and larger DT numbers some over 5+.  I have posted an example in the photos section of this group.  I am using Dimension4, have it set to update every three minutes, have tried many different servers, and yet the DT numbers have slowly been increasing.  My most recent time server is wwV.nist.gov and it is accurate according to my Atomic wall clock. So, it everyone else off, or am I.

              73

              K5RHD

              /randy

              Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection Antivirus avast! est active.