Odd sound on TX v1.3, r3673

  • randydiddel2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2014
      Hi all,

      I thought I would listen to my TX signal using my K3 (I have a dedicated Flex-1500 of digi-modes).  There is a regularly occuring sound that my be a "Hi" or "Bye" that is getting transmitted along with my info on QSOs.  I can see it on the waveform of PowerSDR as well when it happens.  Anyone else seen or heard this?

      Thanks and 73,

      K5RHD

      /randy
    • Randy Diddel
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2014
        Thanks Rick,

        I am an IT guy too.  I guess I should have looked at the forums a bit closer-I don't use the 1500 for SSB so I was not even aware it was happening.  I am going to finish building my Intel NUC which will take the place of my huge power sucking PC tower & I will purchase a license of VAC for it tonight and install it going forward.  Thanks for the tip on stability too!

        73

        On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Rick Langford KD8LCD <KD8LCD@...> wrote:
        Yes the trial imbeds an voice message in it which is why they say on the flex site  not too use it

        The vac software works well have been using it for years

        I would suggest version. 4.12  from my personal experience

        I've been a IT tech for more than 22 years and have had a few minor issues with 4.13 of stability regarding the agc going into sharp peaks 4.12 is very stable I set my alc gain so im -1  or at dead 0   and all is good.

        Rick
        N8SDR

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2014
          Randy

          Are you running the Free "Trial" version of VAC?
          If so then you will need to purchase VAC, the "Trial" version is crippled, it inserts a loud
          Voice on transmit.
          73
           Jay - NO5J
          no5j@...