Signals in the waterfall question

  • Jim Beard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2014
      In WSJT-X when on a JT Freq (+2Khz) quite frequently I see a signal that kind of looks like JT65 but flipped horizontally kind of like it was in LSB mode (or JT65-REVERSE)
      any idea what kind of
      Jim Beard
      jfbeard@...
      AE5ZZ

    • Joe
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2014
        On 03/10/2014 08:14 AM, wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Messages in this topic (1)
        > 3. Signals in the waterfall question
        > Posted by: "Jim Beard" jfbeard@... jfbeard@...
        > Date: Sun Mar 9, 2014 5:45 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > In WSJT-X when on a JT Freq (+2Khz) quite frequently I see a signal that kind of looks like JT65 but flipped horizontally kind of like it was in LSB mode (or JT65-REVERSE)
        > any idea what kind of
        > Jim Beard
        > jfbeard@...
        > AE5ZZ

        Jim

        When you see this again, note the base (mark?) frequency of the upside
        down JT65 signal, set the Rx to the normal JT65 frequency and check to
        see if there is a strong signal at 2000 Hz minus the offset of the
        upside down signal.

        If so then you are seeing the image (LSB) response of your Rx USB filter.

        An improbable explanation is that someone is operating JT65 on LSB 4 KHz
        above the standard JT65 frequency. In that case you should be able to
        set your Rx to LSB and tune 4 KHz high for a decode.

        Joe, K9HDE
      • CT1EKD
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2014
          I see it sometimes but only when some specifiq calls are txing.it
          seems they tx with usb and lsb. And if I Move to lsb I can decode it.
          I believe is a radio issue.

          Pedro CT1EKD