wsjt9 vs map65

  • firedjl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2014
      I've looked at these programs, and wsjt=x too.  Is the only difference the type of hardware?  jt9 goes with ssb radios for EME as well as other wsjt protocols, and map65 for sdr radios but does exactly the same job?
      And now WSJT-x, for all hardwares, or all protocols, or what?
       I know I'm missing something, but I can't seem to puzzle it out?  The "manuals" aren't helping much either.
      Boy, am I confused!!!!!!  I'm about to put some effort into getting on the air after a lot of dithering around, just need to settle on what to work with.
      Thanks
      Don
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2014
        Real hams don’t need a manual, they just wing it.

        rudy ve3bdr

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2014

          Don,

          What is it you want to do?

          WSJT-X is very popular on HF, providing JT65 and JT9 modes of communication.

          WSJT (9.7) is primarily used on VHF/UHF for meteor scatter and EME.

          I haven’t used map65.

          _________

          73,

          Jim – N4ST