WSJT-X 1.3: Gibberish when sending "Free msg"

  • bert.hyman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2014

      WSJT-X 1.3 r3673
      Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit

      I've been unhappy with the various flavors of JT65-HF, so I downloaded and fired up WSJT-X 1.3 last night.

      It's working really well, but I tried to send a "Free msg" acknowledging my first SV on 12 meters, and got gibberish.

      I wanted to say "TNX SV/12M 73" but instead it said "BX3RQN 12M 73"

    • Andrew ZL3CC
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2014
        Bert, it's because you used a /
        It's not really freeze text in that when a "/" is used it tries to interpret this as a compound callsign eg K1JT/4

        Avoid the / and you should be OK

        Andrew ZL3CC