WSJTx on ARM (Cubieboard2)

  • dg0opk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2014
      Hallo all,

      for some time I have read the message from Franco IW2DHW about WSJTx on ARM Hardware.
      This weekend i tried to compile WSJTX 1.1r3496 on my Cubieboard 2.
      With some help from Franco i got it running. (many many thanks)

      Cubieboard 2 uses Allwinner A20 Dual Core CPU @ 1GHz and armv7 instruction set.
      Distrubution used is Cuibieez 1.0 based on Debian 7.1 running on a 8GB MicroSD Card Class 10

      So the board has really low CPU load during receive with waterfall < below 10% and relatively fast decodes in JT65 and JT9 (around 10s) mode, depending on the number of signals in the passbands.
      So it looks very good for use it as a monitoring computer for PSK31reporter in JT65 and JT9.

      Maybe there is any way that someone can compile the KVASD file for ARM Hardware that not supported until now?
      I was really suprised that WSJTx is running so well on the little machine.

      It would be nice to get some more information from users of WSJT/WSJTx on ARM Hardware

      73 de Michael DG0OPK