Re: [wsjtgroup] Miles/Kilometers

  • Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) Watson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2004
      Thanks Jim:

      This has been an ongoing dialogue with W3ZZ for several months.  I initiated the discussion with Him, as I recall, 3-5 months ago.  The nature of His initial response was that the US needs to get in line with the rest of the world.  Maybe so, but I too am stateside and like miles.  I also believe that the job of the editors in QST is not to wage a personal campaign to change the habits of the readers, but to serve them, and I do not believe that the majority are served by, nor want distance records only in kilometers.

      Mike
      W5UC

      At 03:24 PM 6/24/2004 -0400, you wrote:
      I replied the day that I read the column. I don't care what the rest of the world uses, the vast majority of readers are stateside....I use miles.

      jim
      K4KAE