WSJT 1.3 falls over.

  • Mark Twells
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
      Having some stability issues with this - I suspect it only occurs when I run JT9+JT65 decode simultaneously. The program exits after a minute or two. I noticed the same behaviour in 1.2.1. 1.1.0 was utterly stable.

      I'm running WSJT-X r 3673 on XP

      Is it just me?

      --

      Mark

      M0DEV

      PGP Key
    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014

        Hi Mark,

        I am using 1.3 with both JT65 and JT9 simultaneously but on a Win 7 x64 machine and have not seen this problem.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
          Mark,

          Since ~ 4 hours, 2 instances of WSJT-X v1.3 r3673 are running on 15 an 20m
          with JT65+JT9 mode and 2 VB Audio pairs. No problem.
          Using Win7 Ultimate 64bits and i7 CPU 2.9 GHz.

          I hope that you will find the solution.

          73 QRO,
          Rudi, HB9ARI

          On 03.02.2014 15:06, Mark Twells wrote:

          Having some stability issues with this - I suspect it only occurs when I run JT9+JT65 decode simultaneously. The program exits after a minute or two. I noticed the same behaviour in 1.2.1. 1.1.0 was utterly stable.

          I'm running WSJT-X r 3673 on XP

          Is it just me?

          --

          Mark

          M0DEV

          PGPKey

          Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection Antivirus avast! est active.

        • dottormistero
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
            I also have many problems with r3673, r3496 works fine on my PC radio, windows7/32, HRD, cat via HRD.

            Many crashes without warning on event viewer, not decoding, then I click on the waterfall and decode!

            I do not know what happens, I go crazy with this version! : (

            73 de Cosimo IW5ELL
          • Ian Wade, G3NRW
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
              In message <52EFA275.7020901@...>, Mark Twells <mtwells@...>
              writes
              >Having some stability issues with this - I suspect it only occurs when I
              >run JT9+JT65 decode simultaneously. The program exits after a
              >minute or two. I noticed the same behaviour in 1.2.1. 1.1.0 was utterly
              >stable.
              >I'm running WSJT-X r 3673 on XP
              >
              >Is it just me?

              Same here. Windows 8/64. Kenwood TS-590S.

              Tried 3673 JT9+JT65 for the first time last night. No other apps
              running.

              Worked fine for a few minutes, then closed all by itself.

              Restarted. Same thing happened seconds later.

              Restarted. Ran for about 10 minutes, then again closed spontaneously.

              Restarted yet again. Then it ran for a couple of hours or so before I
              closed it manually.

              No problem with decoding.

              No such instability issues with earlier WSJT-X versions.

              Ian, G3NRW
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
                As stated in the WSJT-X V1.3 User's Guide:

                A few radios do not interact properly with the +hamlib+ calls used in
                _WSJT-X_. We are working to resolve these issues. In the meantime,
                you can run with *Polling interval* = 0, or control your radio through
                _DX Labs Commander_ or _Ham Radio Deluxe_.

                So, to those reporting difficulty with WSJT-X v1.3: please set *Polling
                interval* = 0 and report back on your results.

                -- 73, Joe, K1JT
              • dottormistero
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014

                  Thanks Joe, now when i go in setup wsjt crash immediately. I set polling interval to 0 in wsjt.ini manually and relaunch wsjt. Wsjt decode randomly,.

                  CAT via HRD work fine, band change correct.

                  When wsjt crash, JT9 remain in task list.

                • chas cartmel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014

                    I have mine running the TS590 rig interface for my TS990 and have no issues with the multimode settings. Running windows 8.1 here so perhaps the OS is the issue. I would have thought that if it is working on a rig other than the TS590 then the CAT would be more likely to fail.

                    73

                    Charlie

                    www.G4EST.me.uk

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 3, 2014
                      I had similar problems with the application exiting. Joe K1JT and others on
                      the wsjt dev list recommended setting polling interval to zero. I now have
                      over 30+ hours of continuous operation without a crash (or any other issue)
                      - the first 5 hours using the software (QSO's) and subsequent time just
                      monitoring (and reporting to PSK reporter).

                      FWIW - rig is FTDX-5000MP which is being accessed through virtual COM ports
                      created by the microHAM USB Router and a microKeyer II interface.

                      Bob W1QA