RoadTrip - U.P. of Michigan

  • Dave Witucki (N8OC)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2004
      Good Evening, Everyone ...

      Well...time for my first try at mobile grid DX / MS trip.
      Leaving for Michigan's U.P. Friday night with plans to operate from the
      following grids:
      EN83, EN74 and EN75 on way North
      EN76 Friday nite and Saturday AM
      Across EN66, EN65 Saturday afternoon mobile
      Perhaps EN57 Saturday night
      Plan on setting up Sunday morning in EN67 for a couple hours
      Then back Sunday afternoon across back to EN76 for Sunday night
      Monday morning will shoot for EN86, before heading home Monday afternoon
      I'll have family with me, so not real sure how much airtime will
      have....will do my best. Good thing is they usually sleep in mornings (hi).
      So I will try be operating by 1030z each morning.

      Will have 100w and square loop while mobile on 6M
      When stationary 100w and 5el KMA log on 6M, 160w and 6 or 8 el quad on 2M.

      Can probably make some skeds for the EN76 site, will spend most time there
      with my brother. Otherwise, please listen for me - post if you see me.
      Will include grid in CQs. Since it's Field Day weekend, will probably run
      CQD5 so if call freqs get busy.

      This is my first attempt...so I hope all goes well and I can make some
      contacts.

      73 all

      Dave Witucki N8OC