JT44 SKEDS ON 432 MHZ FOR VHF TEST ?

  • JAYB
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
      Hi all - I am looking for JT44 skeds on 432 mhz on Sunday evening (2200-0300z) during the VHF contest this coming weekend. Anybody want to try ? I am located at FN30rx, Eastern Long Island, NY.
      Will also be QRV Sunday morning for FSK441attempts on 6 or 2 meters.
                    73, Jay K2OVS
    • Jonathan L. Rosner
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
        On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, JAYB wrote:

        > Hi all - I am looking for JT44 skeds on 432 mhz on Sunday evening
        > (2200-0300z) during the VHF contest this coming weekend. Anybody want to
        > try ? I am located at FN30rx, Eastern Long Island, NY.

        > Will also be QRV Sunday morning for FSK441 attempts on 6 or 2 meters.
        > 73, Jay K2OVS

        I run about 40 watts on 432 with a 1 X 19 element Yagi at 70 feet. I
        would prefer to try sometime other than the contest, since I will have
        only a few hours to operate in the contest starting around 2200Z on
        Sunday. (40th College Reunion.) I will be able to run about 160 watts
        on 2 with a 1 X 13 element Yagi, and we have not yet worked in 2, if you
        are interested in trying that sometime. FN30 would be my best DX so far
        on 2; it took me about an hour to work Buff, WB2SIH, running 40 watts,
        on FSK441.

        That being said, I will be happy to listen for you during the contest if
        you name the time, frequency, and the expected duration of the attempt.
        If EN61 is too far for JT44, just let me know. I am new to the mode and
        have only made a few QSOs with it so far.

        73,
        Jon WO9S
        --
        Jonathan L. Rosner Phone: 773-702-7694
        Enrico Fermi Institute Fax: 773-702-8038
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002

          JAY:
          On Saturday and on Sunday among 1400-1500z o'clock as well as at 0200-0300z o'clock with an antenna 6 elements cubic cuad to 10 meters of the floor, in way JT44 in 50.102KHZ with 30 exit watts, I was able to capture several interesting skeeds of JA, HB9, CT, etc.
          Every day, in 50.102 KHZ with the antenna toward USA and to 240 grades to the west, I throw signs CQ in the ways JT44, FSK441 and WSJT.
             I hope to listen somebody of the group. 73 of XE1BEF H�CTOR

            JAYB <jayb@...> wrote:

          Hi all - I am looking for JT44 skeds on 432 mhz on Sunday evening (2200-0300z) during the VHF contest this coming weekend. Anybody want to try ? I am located at FN30rx, Eastern Long Island, NY.
          Will also be QRV Sunday morning for FSK441attempts on 6 or 2 meters.
                        73, Jay K2OVS

          Do You Yahoo!?

        • Tom Tishken KD4WOV
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
            try the ssb calling freq, any morning till 9am est.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2002
              to: XE1BEF - Hola Hector - thanx for your message. If you hear anything on 6 meters to the east, check in on the WSJT website : http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk and let us know you are there. can make skeds from the site. you are too far from me for FSK441 but could make it with 2 x Sporadic e-skip + JT44 if conditions are right.
                            GL - Jay K2OVS
            • JAYB
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4, 2002
                to: Jon, WO9S - Hi Jon, thanx for response. I think my JT44 limit on VHF without other enhancements is a few grids too short for us to make it on that mode, especially on 432. Watch for some good tropo enhancement E-W and sign on to the WSJT chat page - I monitor the page most days and evenings when the conditions are good.
                We should be able to work easily on FSK441 MS on 2 meters during any small shower - I usually announce my presence on the chat page so we might hook up later this month on 2m as the rocks pick up. I have worked as far as EN37 on FSK441 so we should have it easy.
                73, Jay - K2OVS
              • Hector Espinosa Flores
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2002

                  OK Thank you Jay. When he listens something, I will register immediately in the page web.
                   I send you here three images of the activity that I registered last night, among 0200-0300z o'clock in FSK441 AND JT44.
                      Thank you for the answer. 73 of XE1BEF H�CTOR