Question About FCDP+ and MAP65

  • Bob KD7YZ
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2014
      I have many questions to get the Funcube ti work with MAP65 so I can see
      who's on, on 144 EME.

      initially I'd like to ask if on the bottom of the 'Setup' menu, where it
      says Funcube Dongle Settings, does what follows indicate it can find
      your FCDP+ .. mine is not found.

      Next, Though I have SDR-Radio working, it dos not seem to be need to run
      MAP65. I tested MAP65 on 20m to see if anything decoded and I do get
      many on each cycle.

      I have the FCDP+ connected to the 8.215 IF of my K3

      --
      Bob KD7YZ
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2014
        Bob,

        I couldn't get the MAP to allow setup of my FCD+ either.

        Yet the selection if sound card is available ?

        Jim

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2014
          Ok thanks David ..

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 13, 2014, at 9:44 AM, David Tanks <ad4tj@...> wrote:

          The MAP65 program was developed before the FCD+ was made; the FCD controller in MAP is for the original FCD ONLY! You must use FCHid.XXX or SDR# or similar to set the frequency for the +; then it is usable by MAP65. I have not tried replacing the FCD setup file in MAP with the newer FCHid yet to see if it will work from within MAP65; for now I have it as a stand-alone program, outside of MAP65's folder.

          73,  David AD4TJ