Missing Waterfall

  • k4djg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2014

      When running WSJT-X r3496 on my laptop, the borders of the display are transparent, and the waterfall is missing.

      Same download of WSJT-x on the desktop runs normally.

      Both systems have same OS (Win-7 64 bit)

      The waterfall on the laptop shows in the taskbar, but will not come to the screen.
      display on the desktop is identical in the taskbar, and clicking on the waterfall on
      the desktops taskbar brings the waterfall to the display.  Not so, the laptop.

      Other revisions of WSJT-X do not have this behavior.

      Decode is very slow on r3590 on both systems, so prefer to stay with v3520
      if possible.

      Any Suggestions? Setting in the laptop?

      Bob, K4DJG
    • k3wyc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2014

        Bob,

        The waterfall (widegraph) displays fine with r3496 on my Win 8 64 bit machine with default screen resolution of  1366x768.

        It required no special setup.  However, I just noticed that the View/Waterfall option  does not seem to do anything..  Same on an XP laptop with Windows XP and r3496.

        Here is an extract from my INI file. Maybe you will see an obvious difference in your settings that would explain the problem:

        [WideGraph]
        PlotZero=10
        PlotGain=-3
        PlotWidth=762
        FreqSpan=9
        WaterfallAvg=2
        Current=true
        Cumulative=false
        BinsPerPixel=9
        Slope=1.38777878078145e-16

        [MainWindow]
        geometry="@ByteArray(\x1\xd9\xd0\xcb\0\x1\0\0\0\0\x2\x36\0\0\0$\0\0\x5=\0\0\x2\xb1\0\0\x2>\0\0\0\x43\0\0\x5\x35\0\0\x2\xa9\0\0\0\0\0\0)"
        MRUdir=C:/wsjtx2/save/131228_1456.wav
        TxFirst=false
        DXcall=K1QN
        DXgrid=FN41
        WideGraphGeom=@Rect(-5 107 784 334)

        73,

        Andy k3wyc

      • k3wyc
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2014

          re " However, I just noticed that the View/Waterfall option  does not seem to do anything.. "

          Just that I had forgotten how it works.  If Widegraph is being displayed then View/Waterfall does nothing.  If Widegraph had been closed then View/Waterfall restores it.

          Was not clear in my first post but the Win 8 64 bit machine is a laptop.

          73,

          Andy k3wyc

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2014
            Your WideGraph window has probably been moved to an off-screen location.
            (How? Who knows??)

            Delete your file wsjtx.ini and then restart the program. You will need
            to re-enter your setup parameters.

            -- Joe, K1JT

            On 1/3/2014 7:31 AM, bob.vanfossen@... wrote:

            > When running WSJT-X r3496 on my laptop, the borders of the display are transparent, and the waterfall is missing.
            >
            > Same download of WSJT-x on the desktop runs normally.
            >
            > Both systems have same OS (Win-7 64 bit)
            >
            > The waterfall on the laptop shows in the taskbar, but will not come to the screen.
            > display on the desktop is identical in the taskbar, and clicking on the waterfall on
            > the desktops taskbar brings the waterfall to the display. Not so, the laptop.
            >
            > Other revisions of WSJT-X do not have this behavior.
            >
            > Decode is very slow on r3590 on both systems, so prefer to stay with v3520
            > if possible.
            >
            > Any Suggestions? Setting in the laptop?
            >
            > Bob, K4DJG
          • g4wjs
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2014

              Alternatively, right click the task bar icon for the WF window and select move, then use the cursor keys (not the mouse) to relocate the window. Once it is on screen it can be dragged back to its proper location with the mouse.

              Losing windows can happen if the number of monitors changes between runs.

              Hope this helps

              73

              Bill

              G4WJS.

            • Bob VanFossen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2014
                Thanks to all who replied. Joe, deleting the .ini file did the trick

                Bob, K4DJG