WXJT-X in Linux

  • w7psk
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2013
      Been a windows user and just now trying out LINUX Mint (Cinnamon)

      WSJT-X installed fine but when I select the USB Codecs for my Signalink I get two errors

      1.
      ERROR in SOUNDIN Failed to start audio input stream

      2.
      ERROR in SOUNDIN portaudo says requested soudcard format not supported.

      It works great with FL-DIGI.

      Ideas

      (Im a brand new linux user so go easy)

      Scotty W7PSK
    • w7psk
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2013
        Very Strange  ... I can use the Signalink with FL-DIGI just fine .. I can select the USB Codecs
        and operate all the modes in FL.

        However, WSJT fails to open and as someone suggested I try Pulse, once I got it downloaded
        and installed it does not recognize the USB Codec either.

        So has anyone here gotten WSJT-X and the signalink to work together in Linux ?
      • Bato, Andras
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2013
          Hi,
          Did you try Xubuntu?
          Sometime before I had the same problem, but after installing a fresh
          Xubuntu version I was able to run Joe's software.
          Are you living perhaps in state of Wyoming?
          I badly need a QSO with a Wyoming station for my 50th state confirmed in
          LotW.
          gl de ha6nn
          Andras

          ---
          A levél vírus, és rosszindulatú kód mentes, mert az avast! Antivirus védelme ellenőrizte azt.