Need help making MAP65, SDR-Radio, SDR/IQ work

  • KD7YZ Bob
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
      Hey WSJT Group:

      I tried this on SDR-adio List but no answers. Am afraid to try asking on
      Moon-Net as lately too many complainers about Map65.

      I have both MAP65 running (from K1JT of WSJT) and I have SDR-Radio
      on Win7/64 bit.

      The radio is a K3.

      When I run them all, I see the SDR-IQ yellow light
      begin flashing as is the usual when it's being read.

      But on MAP65 I see (lower-Left) "Receiving-Nil". This tells me that MAP65
      does not see the input from the SDR-Radio.

      On SDR-Rdio External-Radio screen, I see the nice WF centering around
      what I input as the K3's IF 8.215.

      If I set in 14.076 on the K3 and set Soundcard on the Map65, then I
      sometimes get a decode. But I think the 96k Sample Rate is way too
      incorrect for my SignaLink USB Card which I usually use for JT65.

      Can someone please help a newbie set up SDR-Radio to work with the SDR/IQ
      and MAP65?

      thanks

      Bob KD7YZ
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
    • Jim Barr
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
        On 02/12/2013 18:01, KD7YZ Bob wrote:

        Can someone please help a newbie set up SDR-Radio to work with the SDR/IQ
        and MAP65?

        Bob

        you can't use MAP65 on HF as the version of JT65 that is used on HF is JT65A and MAP65 is only for JT65B so you will never get a decode.

        and yes some folk are getting silly on the various EME Reflectors ;-)

        Jim, GI1CET
      • KD7YZ Bob
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
          On Monday Barr sent, on a straight key:

          > you can't use MAP65 on HF as the version of JT65 that is used on
          > HF

          I see I was thinking and not writing ... sri

          I "mean" or meant, in order to test if I set it up, I wanted to see
          _any_ JT65 signals .

          I knew there were many on HF today, so tried that.
          Normally it's 2M AND 70CM eme.

          My version of MAP65, just downloaded, claims JT65A fwiw

          But I can't get it to receive input from my SDR/IQ, a USB device with
          USB to the Computer and RG58/BNC to IF on the K3

          OK?

          Bob KD7YZ
          http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
        • Jim Barr
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
            Bob

            Mea Culpa, typing without checking, current version does claim All JT
            modes, Only used the link between SDR Radio and Map 65 once, now use it
            with a Funcube Dongle direct from it's I&Q output so I'm not going to be
            much help there.
            I look forward to working you on 2m - I should be back on very soon,
            just recovering from some surgery so not allowed to play to much or the
            XYL gets grumpy !

            Regards

            Jim, GI1CET
          • Jordan Arndt
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
              The MAP65 I use works on 20m very well thank you....73...Jordan VE6ZT