Replying to group

  • k3wyc
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2013

      In the old Yahoo group one had to remember to select "reply to group" or the reply would only go to the individual.  In the Neo groups format I can find no option to select reply to group.  Any reply I make goes only to the individual and any useful contribution is lost to other group members.

      Can someone who uses the web interface please tell me how to "reply to group".  Please don't tell me how to do it by email I don't use that interface.

      This is not a problem for other Neo groups I use since they all default to "reply to group"

      thanks and 73,

      Andy k3wyc

    • rupertdetonquedec
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2013

         Hi Andy

        I agree, its annoying.

        After clicking on the purple "Reply" box, you click at the top right corner (a little square) and select "Show more". Then the second option in the list is reply to group.

        John

        GW4MBN

        ---In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, <a.durbin@...> wrote:

        In the old Yahoo group one had to remember to select "reply to group" or the reply would only go to the individual.  In the Neo groups format I can find no option to select reply to group.  Any reply I make goes only to the individual and any useful contribution is lost to other group members.

        Can someone who uses the web interface please tell me how to "reply to group".  Please don't tell me how to do it by email I don't use that interface.

        This is not a problem for other Neo groups I use since they all default to "reply to group"

        thanks and 73,

        Andy k3wyc

      • chas cartmel
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2013

          Annoying is a good description. Easier with MS Outlook but still a pain to remember.

          Probably deliberate so that when people find the purple thingy they go YAHOO!

          73

          Charlie

          www.G4EST.me.uk

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2013

             Click reply, then click the "To:" a couple of times to get the choices. Trouble is that the pringinal message then disappears so you can't see what you are replying to.

            It's a really poor interface.

            If you use Firefox the the whole interface breaks after a period of time and the reply button disappears completely until you reload the whole web page from scratch (F5 & Ctrl+F5 don't fix it).

            73

            Bill

            G4WJS.