Beta 3590 absolutely no decode

  • helthansen
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2013

      All former versions of WSJT-X has worked perfectly.

      I then installed beta 3590 and now I have no decode on any signal, no matter how I set the volume or any other settings. The 'Decode' lights up between time: 55 sec and 56 sec i.e. very brief several seconds after it should light up.

      I have checked the settings again and again and the problem is for both JT65 and JT9.

      When testing with the included .wav files the decoder works just fine. But when I turn on the Monitor and receives a live signal I get nothing on the screen.

      Did I overlook something, pse??

      73 Gorm / OZ6GH.

    • Ian Wade G3NRW
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2013
        From: oz6gh@...
        Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 Time: 14:32:29

        >I then installed beta 3590 and now I have no decode on any signal,

        Same issue here. I installed version 3590 on my XP system a few weeks
        ago, and got it working without any problem. But last night, after not
        using it for a few days, I find that it doesn't decode any more.

        -- I can see the signals clearly on the WSJT-X waterfall.

        -- I know the PC clock is accurate to better than 5 mS.

        -- CAT control is working fine.

        -- The audio levels look fine.

        -- I don't remember making any significant configuration changes.

        but no signals are decoded. The Decode button flashes blue very briefly
        at about the right time, but for a much shorter time than usual -- under
        a second.

        I have closed down WSJT-X and started it again. I have rebooted the PC.
        But still no decoding.

        I can't think what is wrong. Any ideas?

        Ian, G3NRW
      • Joe
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 16, 2013
          From: [wsjtgroup] Digest Number 3074

          Is it possible that you were copying JT65 and decoding JT9 or vise versa?

          Joe, K9HDE

          1a. Re: Beta 3590 absolutely no decode
          Posted by: "Ian Wade G3NRW" g3nrw-radio@... g3nrw
          Date: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:31 am ((PST))

          From: oz6gh@...
          Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 Time: 14:32:29

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2013
            From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...>
            Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 Time: 16:30:35

            Thanks everyone, on and off-list, for helpful comments. In the end, I
            gave up, uninstalled/re-installed WSJT-X, and it works fine again.

            Ian, G3NRW
          • Roger Kendall
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2013
              I have just had an automatic "update" install and , wonder of wonders, the
              reluctant part of the spectrogram in WSJT-X is now working just as it
              should! Maybe Microsoft occasionally get it right after a few
              attempts...............Maybe now is the time to switch off the automatic
              updates while it is working!

              Roger G8BNE