Help really needed

  • David Meye
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2013
      I am having trouble getting JT9 to work but have no problem with JT65 I was hoping someone could help me get the program working.  I can receive JT9 but can not get anyone to hear me when I transmit

      Dave KL7QW 573-552-8057
    • Bry Carling
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2013
        Well you are way ahead of me. My display says JT 65+ JT 9, but I have no earthly idea how to tell which it is using.

        Bry Carling

        On Nov 10, 2013, at 3:52 PM, David Meye <kl7qw@...> wrote:

        I am having trouble getting JT9 to work but have no problem with JT65 I was hoping someone could help me get the program working.  I can receive JT9 but can not get anyone to hear me when I transmit

        Dave KL7QW 573-552-8057

      • Andrew O'Brien
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2013
          Go to the PSK Reporter web site , set it for JT9, and see if anyone is hearing you after a few CQs.  Check the clock on you POC, may sure it is within a second or 2 of the precise time...a wrong clock can cause others to not decode you. When you transmit, make sure you are transmitting in SPLIT mode, if you have "both" modes select for receive.

          To receive JT9 and JT65 when BOTH are selected in the software, you need to ensure that you have a filter selected that is wide enough to hear the frequency range for both modes.  I use 4.5 KHz filter setting. You can also specify in the software where you you want to separate the JT65 and JT9 portions.  See my guide, http://obriensweb.com/wsjtx.html  .  It is out of date but should help a tad.

          Andy K3UK

          On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Bry Carling <bcarling@...> wrote:

          Well you are way ahead of me. My display says JT 65+ JT 9, but I have no earthly idea how to tell which it is using.

          Bry Carling

          On Nov 10, 2013, at 3:52 PM, David Meye <kl7qw@...> wrote:

          I am having trouble getting JT9 to work but have no problem with JT65 I was hoping someone could help me get the program working.  I can receive JT9 but can not get anyone to hear me when I transmit

          Dave KL7QW 573-552-8057

        • Sam Morgan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2013
            JT65 is to the left of the blue line above the waterfall
            JT9 is to the right of the blue line above the waterfall

            in the waterfall the wider traces you see is JT65
            the skinner traces in the waterfall are the JT9 signals

            as to which you are transmitting
            if it says Tx JT9 @ ...... it's JT9 (skinny green/red indicator)
            if it says TX JT65 # ....... it's JT65 (wide green/red indicator)

            in the Band activity list
            if it says @ it's a JT9 signal
            if it says # it's a JT65 signal

            and last of all
            you will do yourself a great favor if you will read the fine manual:
            www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide_v1.2.pdf

            enjoy your weekend
            sm

            --

            GB & 73
            K5OAI
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2013
              Hello all
              I am currently running WSJT-X v1.2 r3563 and decoding plenty of signals in a
              4k bandwidth down to -12dB. I am puzzled that although I am seeing lots of
              signals in the waterfall area of the spectrogram window I do not see
              anything at all at any time in the lower part of the display. My current
              settings are Bins 7, Start 0Hz, Zero -3, N Avg 5, JT65 2000 JT9, Gain 4,
              Cumulative, Default.
              I have searched the helpfiles but do not see anything about enabling being
              required to show the signals in this area. What have I omitted to do or is
              there a bug in this revision??

              Roger,G8BNE
            • Roger Kendall
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 22, 2013
                Bonjour Jean,

                The green line is visible so does not need to be moved. Signals in the
                waterfall are strong and decode well but nothing shows in the lower part of
                the display.

                To Rudy & Bill,
                Thanks for the suggestions. I am using a SignaLink USB as soundcard and
                interface to a TS2000. The computer is running XP Pro. I run Dimension4 to
                maintain the time correctly. The input level is 32dB but no noise floor or
                signal indication appears in the lower section of the spectrogram. I have
                seen signals down to -27 but at this very moment (on 30m) although I am
                seeing and decoding signals at -1 dB to -15dB nothing shows near the green
                line, not even noise!
                I have not tried the sample files as I was getting satisfactory off-air
                decodes.
                I have tried raising the audio gain using the slider in the main window but
                apart from producing a solid red display in the waterfall nothing happens
                elsewhere!

                Roger G8BNE