WSJTX Crashes

  • kj6rgx
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2013
      Sometimes I leave WSJTX running unattended to spot received signals.  Twice now I have returned to find JTAlert is the only thing showing on my screen.  WSJTX and wide graph are completely gone from the screen.

      Checking task manager (WinXP) I see the processes for wsjt and wide graph still on the list but I am unable to force kill the tasks.  I'm wondering if screen saver is causing a problem.  Has anyone else noticed similar problems with 3590?

      Dan
      KJ6RGX
    • Bry Carling

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2013
          I'm guessing he is referring to Windows (beta release: v1.2.1 r3590) of
          WSJTX

          --

          GB & 73
          K5OAI
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 19, 2013

             me too, 3590 windows 7/32 sp1

            73 de Cosimo IW5ELL

            --

            GB & 73
            K5OAI
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 19, 2013
              Me also...  Windows XP sp23, Del mini1010 Atom processor (often running on just lap top battery, so reduced performance). I've noticed the issue with JT-65 stand alone program as well.

               I use the Dell Mini1010 in backpacking (weight is an issue) and camping, along with a QRP rig. It is also my choice for the DX-go-bah station during travel.  I'd really like to see a " computationally skinny decode" option, even with reduced performance that addresses the light weight computer / QRP user.  JT65/JT9 are a boon to QRP users, but often QRP users are hikers and campers. We can't carry a mini-Cray computer.

              73
              Kai, KE4PT

              --

              GB & 73
              K5OAI
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 19, 2013
                It's would be great to have a WSJT station running on a tablet with a minimal size transceiver! Is anybody doing anything like that?

                Bry Carling

                --

                GB & 73
                K5OAI