Distance records on 6 and 2m by mode and propagation

  • ve1sky
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013

      I enjoyed the videos from the RSGB posted by Paul.  The 2m terresterial record is a SSB mode QSO.

      Is it possible to find a compilation of terresterial DX records on 6m and 2m for various modes including SSB, CW, the WSJT suite and perhaps other digital modes.   Notes on associated propagation would be very interesting for QSOs on distinct modes.

      Is anyone able to produce part or all of this list?

      73

      Roger, VE1SKY

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
        Hi Roger

        Glad you enjoyed the videos.

        This page may be of interest. http://vushf.dk/dxrecords/IARU/index.htm

        73 Paul G4DCV

        On 05/11/2013 17:29, ve1sky@... wrote:

        I enjoyed the videos from the RSGB posted by Paul.  The 2m terresterial record is a SSB mode QSO.

        Is it possible to find a compilation of terresterial DX records on 6m and 2m for various modes including SSB, CW, the WSJT suite and perhaps other digital modes.   Notes on associated propagation would be very interesting for QSOs on distinct modes.

        Is anyone able to produce part or all of this list?

        73

        Roger, VE1SKY

        No virus found in this message.

      • Roger
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
          Paul,

          Thank you.  The information is certainly of interest.  Your reply had links that I was not aware of.  The question is easy, the definitive single site answer certainly is not and may never be.  Rummaging around in the  provided links gives an empirical idea of mode capability for band and propagation.  That is my interest in posing the question.

          73
          Roger, VE1SKY

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
            Hi Roger.

            Tip, WA5UFH collected info on many 1200+ mile MS QSO's. As many know Tip decided to QRT and Sebastian graciously accepted picking up the many pages Tip had on the old site.  Sebastian has done an outstanding job converting things including the MS records page:  http://www.meteorscatter.org/1200k.php

            Mostly FSK441 but also JT6M and some older HSCW and SSB.  Most submitted by NA op's but some EU's as well.  I'm sure Seb would be glad to here of additional long haul QSO's.  There is a mail link on the site to reach him: info@...  The main/home page is http://www.meteorscatter.org/index.html

            Bruce N5SIX