Dimension4 and Windows 8.1... any clue?

  • i2sva
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2013
      Hi all,

      I just upgraded Windows to 8.1. My Dimension4 was working properly with Windows8, but now does not work anymore. Simply: the service does not start; if you try to start teh service manually from teh service panel you get a timeout and error 1053..

      Anyone got the same frustrating experience?

      I also tried to install Tardis2000 (another good time sw) but it does not work either... the service starts but there is no way to access the console...

      thanks, 73!
      alessandro, i2sva
    • Rick Langford KD8LCD

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2013

          Re install the program and when you do so right click on it and install as an administrator

          Also you may have to right click on the shortcut or the program itself and do a run as administrator

          Been running 8 and 8.1 here for quite some time even during a pre 8 beta and really haven’t found any of these apps that wont work.

          Currently I use Meinberg for my timing / clock software works great http://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm

          Version 1.0.4 which is the latest woks with windows 8.1 professional and 8 enterprise it also worked with 8.0 all versions as well..

          When you install as an admin