audio drops when changing bands - intermittent.

  • chas cartmel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2013

      I wonder if anybody else has experienced this. A couple of times over the last week or so using v3590 I have lost audio indication on the waterfall (or audio processing) when changing bands and resizing the Wide Graph window to clear the old traces, A simple close and reopen the application sorts it so no real issue however is just an annoying occurrence.

      Windows 8.0 here 64 bit, with soundblaster audio card – machine refuses to update to 8.1.

      73

      Charlie

      www.G4EST.me.uk

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2013
        Lyn GW8JLY gave a presentation about FSK441 meteor scatter for beginners
        at the RSGB Convention in October. Lyn has a modest station. He uses
        just a single 9 element yagi and 400W. But he is QRV most days and makes
        some really great FSK441 contacts on 2m.

        Joe. We were all highly amused when you came into Lyn's lecture. He
        didn't realise it was you and that he had such a distinguished audience
        member!

        Liviu YO4FNG gave a fascinating presentation about 2m DXing from
        Romania. He was originally licenced under the Ceausescu dictatorship
        when no commercial equipment at all was available and he had to builf
        everything. Now he has 4 yagis on 2m, QRO and has worked many stations
        on 144MHz JT65B EME.

        Both talks are available on vimeo to watch online. Or you can download
        them for watching later. HD, SD and mobile versions are available for
        download.

        GW8JLY Meteor Scatter for Beginners: http://vimeo.com/77358505

        YO4FNG 4300km on 144MHz Sporadic E: http://vimeo.com/78288400

        I filmed both talks in the hope that a wider audience would encourage
        more activity on 2m DX modes. Hope you enjoy the presentations and find
        them useful for encouraging more folk onto the VHF bands.

        73 Paul G4DCV
      • Peter Richmond
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2013
          Paul
          Many thanks for posting these videos. Not managing to get to the convention I found them very useful and instructive. I am sure many others will feel the same way.
          Best 73
          Peter M0HBL