Yaesu FT-950 Settings

  • ks4yx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2013
      Dear Group:

      After experimenting with various settings with the WSJT-X latest software download, which I think is V 1.1 r3459, I had a difficult time discovering which set-up configuration would enable my SignaLink,, FT-950 and laptop computer to  communicate with each othger. However, I finally discovered the right combination. Oh! My rig uses a serial to USB port cable. Here are the settings as required by the WSJT software in it's set-up menu:

      Com Port - 6                  Data Bits - 8
      Baud Rate - 4800           Stop Bits - 2
      X ON X OFF                  Un-checked    RS/DTR Off
      Checked Data Window    Un-checked   Split

      Although my Dell computer has the USB port defaulted to 9600 Baud, the software must be set to 4800.  The big discovery was having the X On X Off configuration chosen for the handshake.
      With this combination, you should be up and running with the software, and frequency read out properly shown. I hope this helps.