Trouble with installation - follow up

  • Ken Alexander
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2013
      I neglected to mention a few things in my initial post:
      1. I'm running Windows 8
      2. I let WSJT9 install itself where it wanted to:  C:\Program files (x86)\WSJT9

      This morning I right-clicked on the WSJT9 icon, selected Properties and then selected Run as Administrator, saved and exited.  All is well now and WSJT opens fine and displays the three windows.  I can now configure it and move on...after a shower and breakfast!

      Don't worry, the questions haven't stopped!  :-)

      73,

      Ken Alexander
      VE3HLS

    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2013
        > 2. I let WSJT9 install itself where it wanted to: C:\Program files
        > (x86)\WSJT9

        Wrong thing to do ... Install it in a directory *outside* the Program
        files tree.

        > This morning I right-clicked on the WSJT9 icon, selected Properties
        > and then selected Run as Administrator, saved and exited.

        You will be fine *if* you do not try to use VK3AMA's JTAlert-X add-on.
        If you attempt to use any add-on WSJT-X will not communicate with the
        add-on because it is running with elevated privilege levels.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 10/14/2013 9:59 AM, Ken Alexander wrote:
        > I neglected to mention a few things in my initial post:
        >
        > 1. I'm running Windows 8
        > 2. I let WSJT9 install itself where it wanted to: C:\Program files
        > (x86)\WSJT9
        >
        > This morning I right-clicked on the WSJT9 icon, selected Properties and
        > then selected Run as Administrator, saved and exited. All is well now
        > and WSJT opens fine and displays the three windows. I can now configure
        > it and move on...after a shower and breakfast!
        >
        > Don't worry, the questions haven't stopped! :-)
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Ken Alexander
        > VE3HLS

      • Ken Alexander
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2013
          Thank you Joe,

          While things do seem to be working now I'll uninstall and do the installation again according to your recomendation.  It'll save me having to ask again when I try using add-ons in the future.

          Thanks again and 73,

          Ken Alexander
          VE3HLS