TX-Runaway window being hidden

  • KD7YZ Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2013
      Hey WSJT Group:

      Was calling CQ on 160 this morning. Apparently, I reached the end of a
      long series of no-replies and the Pop-Up for Tx-Runaway must have come
      up, but remained behind other windows.

      At that last CQ, the one prompting the Runaway Pop-Up , N8CL replied to
      my CQ. When I went to double-click on the line with his call-sign, I got
      the Windows nag-beep, and essentially I could not reply to N8CL.

      After trying a few times, I somehow remembered that Tx-Inhibit can also
      be caused by the runaway prompt. Placing the mouse-cursor on the
      tray-icon for WSJT-x brought up the runaway-nag and I clicked on "OK" to
      dismiss it.

      Thus I could then control WSJTx and eventually, in another odd/even
      sequence, we completed the QSO. Although, N8CL probably thought I was a
      dolt for not initially coming back to him.

      I have no idea if there is a way to make that runaway-prompt come up and
      remain above all other panes/windows. If so, on the few occasions where
      there is a reply on the exact end of the Tx Runaway timer, it would
      make it nice to be able to see it immediately and react.

      Bob KD7YZ
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ