Icom 9100 / Commander split mode problem

  • joe_katz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2013
      Just made my first JT9 QSO! California to Brazil on 10 meters, with less than 5W on both ends. Great mode. I've also been trying to set up WSJT-X JT65/JT9 split since last night, but can't get that feature to work properly on my Icom 9100 via Commander.

      In split mode, Commander moves the frequency on both VFOs to follow me around the WSJT-X waterfall. I checked in with Dave AA6YQ and the folks on the DXLab Yahoo Group, but so far no suggestions. My default assumption is operator error as always, but at this point I've run out of ideas to try.

      The 9100 will let us expand the receive bandwidth to 3.6 kHz, but transmit only expands to 2.9 kHz, so while in dual mode only about half the JT9 QSOs I can receive wind up in xmit range. Split would be nice. Suggestions?

      73 de Joe K6ATZ