Re: [wsjtgroup] [Tune]

  • Ed Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2013
      Joe,

      I am using Windows7/32 and I had to adjust the Windows mixer to 100% and also add a jumper inside of my SignalLink USB external sound card to increase the level. Additionally, I have to activate compression with the slider set to zero (hopefully there is no compression) in my Flex-6700 to obtain adequate audio to drive the transmitter to the 20 watt range. I really would like to turn compression off as I cannot be sure that it is not distorting my signal.

      Ed, K0KC

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2013
        I would say you need to find a way to increase the input sensitivity
        of your F*-radio. With all of the other rigs I an able to test -
        including models from Icom, Yeasu and Elecraft - it is still necessary
        to *reduce* sound card output compared to other software (e.g. MixW,
        DigiPan, MMTTY, MMVARI, etc.) to prevent overdriving the transceiver's
        "LINE" input. The changes in r3590 bring WSJT-X closer to the other
        software but WSJT-X is still some 3dB *hotter* than other digital
        software.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 10/9/2013 9:44 AM, Ed Wilson wrote:
        > Joe,
        >
        > I am using Windows7/32 and I had to adjust the Windows mixer to 100% and also add a jumper inside of my SignalLink USB external sound card to increase the level. Additionally, I have to activate compression with the slider set to zero (hopefully there is no compression) in my Flex-6700 to obtain adequate audio to drive the transmitter to the 20 watt range. I really would like to turn compression off as I cannot be sure that it is not distorting my signal.
        >
        > Ed, K0KC
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Ed Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2013
          Thanks for the info, Joe!

          Ed, K0KC

          I would say you need to find a way to increase the input sensitivity
          of your F*-radio.  With all of the other rigs I an able to test -
          including models from Icom, Yeasu and Elecraft - it is still necessary
          to *reduce* sound card output compared to other software (e.g. MixW,
          DigiPan, MMTTY, MMVARI, etc.) to prevent overdriving the transceiver's
          "LINE" input.  The changes in r3590 bring WSJT-X closer to the other
          software but WSJT-X is still some 3dB *hotter* than other digital
          software.

          73,

              ... Joe, W4TV

          On 10/9/2013 9:44 AM, Ed Wilson wrote:
          > Joe,
          >
          > I am using Windows7/32 and I had to adjust the Windows mixer to 100% and also add a jumper inside of my SignalLink USB external sound card to increase the level. Additionally, I have to activate compression with the slider set to zero (hopefully there is no compression) in my Flex-6700 to obtain adequate audio to drive the transmitter to the 20 watt range. I really would like to turn compression off as I cannot be sure that it is not distorting my signal.
          >
          > Ed, K0KC

          WSJTGroup Homepage --> http://www.wsjtgroup.org/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings: