Re: [wsjtgroup] Messages not posting

  • Roger Kendall
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2013
      And it is really amusing when one reads replies to questions that have not
      apparently been posted!

      Thankfully that seems to happen more frequently on groups where I receive
      the mails in digest form rather than here where I take them as they come.

      Roger
    • Keith Heimbold
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2013
        I gave up posting to this site because it is annoying to have to resend email or repost when it doesn't go through.  This is the only forum I belong to where this is an issue. Must mean all the other forums are doing something incorrectly. I am a member of 15+ ham radio related forums and groups.

        On top of this is the awful changes yahoo has made to groups has made the website version more difficult to use both on PC and mobile. Don't even try accessing the iPhone version of a group in safari because all yahoo groups are total unusable disasters with an iPhone.

        I think this issue with posting on the website along with so many issues with the functionality and user friendliness of the system may necessitate an examination of the current policies and to potentially change this group to make it easier and more effective for end users to utilize. At the end of the day, these groups and forums are in existence to serve end users.

        In the professional world of IT system implementations during a system change or "upgrade" end users are involved and existing business processes are examined, a fit gap is performed with end users and then new processes that generally benefit end users that fit within system capabilities are proposed, implemented and then trained to end users and administrators alike.

        I guess at the end of the day it is up to the moderator and administrator of this group. I have had several instances where I have had issues posting to the site. I am still having issues getting the system to work properly with CAT programs operating but I will continue to read the emails that come through and hope that between reading the manual and reading posts from people with similar issues I find my solution.

        I wonder if this message will actually make it through.

        Thanks,

        Keith
        AK6ZZ

        Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

        On Oct 6, 2013, at 3:17 AM, "Roger Kendall" <r.kendall@...> wrote:

        And it is really amusing when one reads replies to questions that have not
        apparently been posted!

        Thankfully that seems to happen more frequently on groups where I receive
        the mails in digest form rather than here where I take them as they come.

        Roger

      • Bobby Chandler
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2013
          My message was not posted via the "REPLY to Sender" or REPLY to Group" on the digest messages (I know how to use them!).  It was posted on the Yahoo Web page.  Anyhow, enough about that, if they don't post, then they don't get read!!

          N4AU

        • James Malone