Re: [wsjtgroup] Messages not posting

  • James Malone
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2013
      Ed,

      I receive 2 replies from this Yahoo group all the time.
      I am guessing an "IT" problem , and  guys that play with routers , switches and servers can fix such problems.
      I am sure most of us know Email can be complex and feature rich or simple and full of span , viruses etc.

      For me the content is worth the inconvenience of deleting the extra message .
      If I knew the solution to this problem or knew how to resolve it I certainly would offer it to the group.
      I am grateful that the group exists and read its messages daily.

      Jim

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 5, 2013, at 12:15 PM, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      > But we are subject to the policies of the administrator, and this
      > annoyance has not generated enough desire for the creation of another
      > discussion group for this topic, so here we stay.

      To the contrary, there is an alternate group - search WSJT-HF on Yahoo.
      However, it has received little interest/activity even among the cadre
      who complain the most.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

    • Roger Kendall
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2013
        And it is really amusing when one reads replies to questions that have not
        apparently been posted!

        Thankfully that seems to happen more frequently on groups where I receive
        the mails in digest form rather than here where I take them as they come.

        Roger
      • Keith Heimbold
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2013
          I gave up posting to this site because it is annoying to have to resend email or repost when it doesn't go through.  This is the only forum I belong to where this is an issue. Must mean all the other forums are doing something incorrectly. I am a member of 15+ ham radio related forums and groups.

          On top of this is the awful changes yahoo has made to groups has made the website version more difficult to use both on PC and mobile. Don't even try accessing the iPhone version of a group in safari because all yahoo groups are total unusable disasters with an iPhone.

          I think this issue with posting on the website along with so many issues with the functionality and user friendliness of the system may necessitate an examination of the current policies and to potentially change this group to make it easier and more effective for end users to utilize. At the end of the day, these groups and forums are in existence to serve end users.

          In the professional world of IT system implementations during a system change or "upgrade" end users are involved and existing business processes are examined, a fit gap is performed with end users and then new processes that generally benefit end users that fit within system capabilities are proposed, implemented and then trained to end users and administrators alike.

          I guess at the end of the day it is up to the moderator and administrator of this group. I have had several instances where I have had issues posting to the site. I am still having issues getting the system to work properly with CAT programs operating but I will continue to read the emails that come through and hope that between reading the manual and reading posts from people with similar issues I find my solution.

          I wonder if this message will actually make it through.

          Thanks,

          Keith
          AK6ZZ

          Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

          On Oct 6, 2013, at 3:17 AM, "Roger Kendall" <r.kendall@...> wrote:

          And it is really amusing when one reads replies to questions that have not
          apparently been posted!

          Thankfully that seems to happen more frequently on groups where I receive
          the mails in digest form rather than here where I take them as they come.

          Roger

        • Bobby Chandler
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2013
            My message was not posted via the "REPLY to Sender" or REPLY to Group" on the digest messages (I know how to use them!).  It was posted on the Yahoo Web page.  Anyhow, enough about that, if they don't post, then they don't get read!!

            N4AU

          • James Malone