WSJT-X v1.2.1, beta release r3587

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
      Hi all,

      A beta release of WSJT-X Version 1.2.1, r3587 has been posted on the
      WSJT web site. The direct download link is
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_121r3587.exe

      Changes from v1.2 r3563 include the following:

      1. Input sample rate is now uniformly 48000 Hz on all supported
      platforms.

      2. Properly handle DNS lookup failures for PSKreporter site.

      3. Clear the logbook "Name" field after logging a QSO.

      4. Add tuning paramegters for better audio performance on some machines.

      5. Improved handling of displayed text when larger fonts are used.

      6. Fix message truncation when a callsign is unexpectedly long.

      7. Fix the "stuck decode" bug experienced by some users.

      8. Remove the bogus error message sometimes printed upon program exit.

      As always, the WSJT development team will appreciate your feedback.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
    • Ed Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
        Joe and Development Team,

        Thanks for the new release! I installed it right away and it appears to be working fine except for one issue which I brought-up previously with respect to the previous public version. The audio still "cuts-out" when I activate another program which has been minimized (Windows 7/32). I see this most often when I bring-up my HRD log program to edit a log entry during a transmission, but it is an issue with other programs as well. I can work around this issue, but it would be great if it could be resolved.

        Ed, K0KC

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
          Colleagues,

          I have apparently solved my problem by following some advice that Joe gave earlier on this list and which is repeated below just in case you missed it (I did):

          Ed, K0KC

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
            Could you please clarify item 4?

            ve3bdr

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
              On 10/3/2013 2:10 PM, Rudy Benner wrote:
              > Could you please clarify item 4?
              >
              > ve3bdr

              Probably 99% of WSJT-X users have no need to experiment with the "tuning
              parameters for better audio performance". They are there so that if you
              have audible glitches in your Tx audio, we can work with you to
              eliminate them.

              But first -- as already mentioned here by K0KC -- if you're running
              under Windows, be sure to tune your system for the best possible
              real-time performance.

              This means:

              Use Windows Control Panel to open the "Performance Options" screen.
              (It's hidden under the label "Adjust visual effects".)

              On the Advanced tab, check "Background services" rather than "Programs".

              On the Visual Effects tab, turn most of these effects OFF. (I check
              only "Smooth edges of screen fonts" and "Use visual styles on windows
              and buttons".)

              -- Joe, K1JT
            • Rudy Benner
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013
                The blue decode problem is still there.

                ve3bdr

                Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:24 PM

                On 10/3/2013 2:10 PM, Rudy Benner wrote:
                > Could you please clarify item 4?
                >
                > ve3bdr

                Probably 99% of WSJT-X users have no need to experiment with the "tuning
                parameters for better audio performance". They are there so that if you
                have audible glitches in your Tx audio, we can work with you to
                eliminate them.

                But first -- as already mentioned here by K0KC -- if you're running
                under Windows, be sure to tune your system for the best possible
                real-time performance.

                This means:

                Use Windows Control Panel to open the "Performance Options" screen.
                (It's hidden under the label "Adjust visual effects".)

                On the Advanced tab, check "Background services" rather than "Programs".

                On the Visual Effects tab, turn most of these effects OFF. (I check
                only "Smooth edges of screen fonts" and "Use visual styles on windows
                and buttons".)

                -- Joe, K1JT

              • KD7YZ Bob
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013
                  FWIW, I just got the "DECODE" problem again during QSO attempt with
                  W4HM ... had to restart

                  and the version is verified at r3587

                  windows 7 64 bit
                • Sam Morgan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013
                    win 7 64bit
                    confirmed fixed on my AMD 4Ghz 8core 16GB ram box
                    signalink usb, dxlabs commander, wsjtx CAT working fine

                    On 10/3/2013 9:33 AM, Joe Taylor wrote:
                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > A beta release of WSJT-X Version 1.2.1, r3587 has been posted on the
                    > WSJT web site. The direct download link is
                    > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_121r3587.exe
                    >
                    > Changes from v1.2 r3563 include the following:
                    snip

                    --

                    GB & 73
                    K5OAI