WSJT-X & WAV-files

  • Peter Eckersberger
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
      Hello,

      My name is Peter, the call OE3EPW. I'm a very satisfied user of WSJT-X since the program came out. For the time being I'm using version 1.2 r3563 (Beta Release).

      Well, by coincidence I realized the following situation ... For one reason or an other as soon as I run the program every minute a "*.wav" file is produced and stored right under "C:\". Due to that fact just over the last weekend more than 6000 "wav"s were created occupying quite a lot of memory space. This happens no matter whether or not I start the program via Lauries "JT Alert" or straight out of the WSJT-X program folder.

      Has anyone else seing that or is it just me by doing something wrong? If the latter is the reason I kindly ask for help on that matter.

      73 de Peter, OE3EPW
       <oe3epw@...>

    • Ed Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
        Peter,

        Go to the WSJT-X Save menu item and select None.

        Delete the old .wav files if you do not want them.

        Ed, K0KC

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
          > Has anyone else seing that or is it just me by doing something wrong?
          > If the latter is the reason I kindly ask for help on that matter.

          You are seeing normal (default) behavior.

          1) you can delete all of the wave files from WSJT-X by selecting
          File | Delete all *.wav files in SaveDir

          2) You can prevent further creation of the *.wav files by selecting
          Save | None in the WSJT-X menu.

          73,

          ... Joe, W4TV