RE: Error when closing

  • kc2wuf
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2013

      Joe,

      If it helps. I have the decode lockup almost every time after I first start WSJT-X for the first time. When I close the program in this decode lockup state, I do not get this closing error. I then restart WSJT-X and it runs fine without locking up the decode button, but almost every time when I close the program I get the closing error message. When I say "almost", I believe once or twice it didn't happen, but I'm not sure as I sometimes leave the programs running for long periods or I am busy doing other task and I don't remember what I've done exactly. Also, if I start WSJT-X up for the 3rd time, I seem to have the decode lockup problem and need to close and restart WSJT-X which will have the closing error.

      I hope noting that the closing error doesn't happen when the stuck decode button problem occurs helps trace the cause.

      My setup:

      - WSJT-X v1.2,r3563

      - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

      - Yaesu FT-950 CAT with Split Tx

      - SignaLink USB

      - JTAlert-X which auto-starts WSJT-X the first time, but not normally the second time.

      73 David KC2WUF

      ---In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, <joe@...> wrote:

      Maybe you guys haven't seen the post pointing out that we know about
      this stray message. It's the result of not fully removing a tiny piece
      of diagnostic code before making the r3563 package. The message is
      totally harmless. It has long since been taken care of, but we haven't
      bothered to post a new beta release since then.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT